One of the most daunting parts of seeking spiritual guidance or searching for peace after being diagnosed with a life-limiting illness is sorting through information found on the internet in search of truly helpful and supportive resources. I've carefully selected books, podcasts, and links to websites that I believe will be valuable and trustworthy sources of information. I want to provide you with practical and thoughtful information as you journey toward peace.
Christian Spiritual Direction & Spiritual Formation Resources
- Sacred Pathways: Discover Your Soul's Path to God by Gary Thomas
- Eat This Book by Eugene Peterson
- The Inner Voice of Love: A Journey Through Anguish to Freedom by Henri Nouwen
- You Are the Beloved by Henri Nouwen
- The Inward Journey by Howard Thurman
- Meditations of the Heart by Howard Thurman
- One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp
- Disappointment With God: Three Questions No One Asks Aloud by Philip Yancey
- Water From a Deep Well by Gerald Sittser
- Making Sense of the Bible by Adam Hamilton
- Why? Making Sense of God's Will by Adam Hamilton
- Mirror for the Soul: A Christian Guide to the Enneagram by Alice Fryling
End of Life Resources
- Finding Peace at the End of Life: A Death Doula's Guide for Families and Caregivers by Henry Fersko-Weiss
- The Art of Dying Well: A Practical Guide to a Good End of Life by Katy Butler
- Grief is a Journey: Finding Your Path Through Loss by Kenneth Doka
- The Five Invitations: Discovering What Death Can Teach Us About Living Fully by Frank Ostaseski
- Tear Soup: A Recipe for Healing After Loss by Pat Schwiebert & Chuck De Klyen
- Grief Therapy by Karen Katafiasz
caringbridge.org allows you to create a personal site for family and friends to check for updates on a person's health journey.
forevermissed.com is a place where you can create an online memorial for a loved one and collect and share memories
whatsyourgrief.com offers articles, training, webinars and workshops related to grief.
Grief Out Loud, hosted by Jana DeCristofaro, is a mix of personal stories, interviews and tips for navigating the terrain of loss, and advice for how to support grieving children.
End-of-Life University Podcast, hosted by Karen Wyatt, offers educational material, inspirational messages, and interviews with experts from all aspects of end-of-life care.